Education: University of Notre Dame USA Ph.D Economics & Banking, 1977
B.A. Economics, 1967 American University, Cairo
Languages: Bilingual – English and Arabic Citizenship: U.S.A / EU (Greece)
Training: Organization and Methods (O&M), London (4 courses in BOAC)
Teaching course: University of Notre Dame
Experience: 2012 – To date Financial Consultant: Consolidated Contactors Group CCC, Athens
1981 – 2011: Consolidated Contractors Company, (CCC), Athens: Group Vice President Treasury, Insurance And Governments Relations.
Legal Representative of CCC with the Greek Authorities including Greek Courts
Board of Directors Financial Committee
Member of the Executive Board, Operational Committee
Member of the Board of Companies owned by CCC.
Deputy Governor “Arab Monetary Fund,Abu Dhabi”, since 1984 – 2014
1976 – 1977 Assistant Professor: Indiana University, South Bend Campus
1977 – 1981 Assistant Treasurer: First National Bank of Chicago –Chicago and New York
Others to Date Chairman and C.E.O: Middle East Petroleum and Energy Publications: est. 1957 Cyprus
Publisher: Middle East Economic Survey “MEES”
Chairman and C.E.O: Middle East Energy & Finance Cyprus
1969-1971 Management Analyst: Kuwait Airways
1971-1973 Management Analyst: Kuwait Oil Company (KOC)
1969-1971 English Broadcaster and Programmer, Kuwait Radio Station
BOOKS AND PUBLICATIONS
- “The Fables of Kalilah and Dimnah” ; the first direct translation from the Arabic into English, published in the UK (2000 & 2004). Second edition: July of 2014 with copies of original miniatures (English & Arabic).
- “The Pedagogy of Arab Leadership”: Translation and Analysis of the complete works of Ibn Al – Muqaffa’, June 2015
(English & Arabic)
- “The Pedagogy of Arab Governance”: from Dilmun to Arab Spring”, June 2015, (English and Arabic)
- “Publications and Presentations”: More than 40 in numerous Conferences and Publications on Energy, Oil and Gas, Economy and Finance and Cross Cultural affairs.
MEMBERSHIP AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES
- Honorary member of the Hellenic Literary Society ( Athens 2007)
- Member of the Directors and Board of Trustees of the American Community Schools since 1989.
- Member of the Board of Trustees and Board of Directors of the Welfare Association.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Palestine Mortgage and Housing Corporation (PMHC) since 1997, Palestine.
- Deputy Governor of Palestine: Arab Monetary Fund 1984 – 2014.
- Member of the Advisory Committee of “the Student Loan Fund”, Palestine.